Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Story Of the Ugly Outfit!

Most of you have read about "The Ugly Outfit" on my sisters' blogs, but I have to tell you my version of the story!  My mom has a bad shopping problem... if it's on sale, she has to buy it!  She can't help it!  Lots of times when she buys things, she hates them once she gets home and tries it on! (Yes! She buys without trying on!)  Sometimes this benefits me and my sisters because she gives us the clothes she doesn't want.  Her other problem is that she hates to take stuff back that she got for dirt cheap!  Well sometimes the clothes are cute and other times...well you can see for yourself!  SO... Having said all that,  this outfit came from a pile of clothes that my mom tried to give me.  Some I wanted and these particular items, I did not!  My mom thought that with the right outfit, I could make them look cute, so she snuck up to my room and left them there!  The next day,  I layed the outfit out on her bed with a note that said "Ha ha!  Nice Try!  Gotcha last!"  We have been hiding it places for the other one to find ever since!  Just as a side note: my mom has good taste in clothes and did not mean for this to be an outfit! Ha, ha!  
The places this outfit has been... in my dishwasher, in my mom's mailbox at work, in my car in the driver's seat like it's driving, in my mom's bed so when she pulled back the covers it was laying there :), on my scarecrow, stapled to my parents bedroom ceiling above the bed like it was spiderman with a sign that said "Relax!" (my personal favorite!)  After the ceiling incident, my dad decided he was in on it, so he put it in my front yard and I had Grandma Larrabee put it in his suit case on a hunting trip to Moab!  He mailed it to me from Moab!  
About a month ago, the head joined the outfit and my sister's joined the game! (They were jealous!)  

Tracy had possesion of the outfit when Aly had to get some dental work done at Tracy's office.  After numbing Aly up and then leaving, Dr. Derek came back to pull her teeth wearing the ugly outfit!!  I about died laughing and he wore it the whole time! 
I had no idea Derek was as goofy as us!!!  What a sport!  Kara currently has the outfit, and I have a feeling it will surface at Christmas!



1 comment:

mandmpotter said...

Hey Jenna, I just had to comment since no one had, and tell again how much I enjoy the ugly outfit saga and can't wait for future updates. You always make me laugh. Thank you!